In French, you don’t really say “I miss you.” You say “tu me manques,” which is closer to “you are missing from me.”
I love that. “You are missing from me.” You are a part of me, you are essential to my being. You are like a limb, or an organ, or blood. I cannot function without you.
- lypophrenia: a feeling of sadness seemingly without a cause.
- drapetomania: an overwhelming urge to runaway.
- escapism: a mental desire to retreat from unpleasant realities through fantasy.
- wanderlust: a desire to travel, to understand one’s very existence.
- dysania: the state of finding it difficult to get out of bed in the morning.
- sanctuary: a small safe place in a troubling world.
- metathesiophobia: fear of change (via mirroir)
Eliisa Raats ph. by Perla Mareek for Fine Taste Magazine Summer 2011
“I almost wish we were butterflies and liv’d but three summer days—three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain.”